Not much visual work done yesterday, at least not as much as I would have wanted. I added an error background (shown when the file linked in the logon configuration doesn’t exist). I also corrected the footer (now with a correctly aligned Apply button). Finally, I added some elements to the logon preview: the user name and tile.
It’s actually the later that took me quite a lot of time. Somehow, there doesn’t seems to be a public API to programmatically get the user picture. Well, after a bit of tracing I found an exported function in shell32.dll that does just that. The only problem is that it’s not documented…
After quite a long time in the debugger, I finally had something working. Nothing surprising on the way it works, but my relative inexperience with pure win32 programming prevented me to to “get it” much sooner. And I still don’t know what one of the parameters is for. I’ll figure it out later (maybe).
On the backend side, I reorganized the class to apply an existing logon, consolidating it with the one that managed logon resources. I finally added file security & token management (I took a MS sample that nicely encapsulate token & privilege management, and added a class to take care of file access modification).